We asked astounding street lit author, mother and wife what she thought the recipe would be to be a good woman, because we notice so many of her encouraging posts on facebook that has helped not only Put A Wedge In It blogs to soldier on, but countless others as well.
Here’s what she had to say…
If I was asked that very same question a few years ago, this question I would have answered: “Because I’m down for my man, I am his ride and die and no matter what…I will stand by my man!” And, although all of that is still true. That isn’t what makes me a good woman.
It is good shows that I am loyal to my man, but what makes me “a good woman” to me now is knowing that when you learn to love “you” first, you can then and only then be good to others.
Allow me to explain:
- A good woman loves herself, flaws and all.
- A good woman knows that fancy clothes and sex appeal does not make up her worth but add to it.
- A good woman knows that she deserves to be loved through rain or shine.
- A good woman walks in confidence.
- A good woman knows that she is royalty and a daughter of a king.
- A good woman knows a man does not make up her worth but she adds to his. She is his voice when he is unable to speak. His eyes when he cant see. His legs when he can’t stand. His smile when he is down.
- A good woman does not live for solely for a man, but for them, meaning family.
- A good woman is her man’s trophy. She is his freak in the sheets and his lady in the streets. She is all that a wife is suppose to be.
- A good woman is one that keeps the family together.
- A good woman is me 🙂
In closing, we of PAWII blogs got way more than we asked for with this reply, Aleta! You are an amazing example of what a good woman should be and also a friend. We appreciate you taking time away from you busy schedule to help us shine!!!!
We will hear from the untouchable Gary Brown next!