Valentine’s & Whatnot!
Shake off the pre-valentine jitters. Things singles can do to avoid depression on this day and great ideas for couples!
For Singles – Be Your Own Valentine…
“Love brings you face to face with yourself. It’s impossible to love another if you cannot love yourself.” ~ John Pierrakos
6 GREAT tips for single people to get through Valentine’s and Whatnot!
* Realize how great it is that you are one of a kind. Appreciate your uniqueness.
* Take time to write down and examine your goals.
* Try something new and don’t let fear or any excuses hold you back.
* Start a gratitude journal and begin counting some blessings.
* Remember a special people in your life OR perhaps go spend the day with a friend or family member that has lost a loved one. Holidays are tough to get through, so spend the day making someone else smile.
* Last but not least…do you…use the day to make YOU happy! There is NOTHING at all wrong with that.
Valentine’s for Couples…
“Happy marriages (or relationships) are based on a deep friendship. By this I mean a mutual respect for and enjoyment of each other’s company.” ~ John Gottman
The first thing that popped in my head this year for couples is catering…
* Pick up some index cards and each of you write down 3 things you’d like for your partner to do for you or too you of course each thing on a separate index card and on valentine’s day each of you pull one card out of a basket and do whatever the card says. We are all adults here, so I am most sure that you know that the sky is the limit with this. If things go well, you may end up just pulling ALL the cards!
* Take a drive somewhere new and just reminisce on what brought you two together in the first place over a nice dinner and such.
* As far as gifts…jazz it up this year and be real personal…create a gift full of things YOU know your mate will love, write a handwritten letter. People NEVER do that anymore, but it is not only very sexy, but romantic too!
* Make it a lazy day! Use this Valentine’s to do stuff busy couples rarely get to do anymore, like just staying home and relaxing together. Family life can be so darn busy at times, so relaxing can quickly become VERY SEXY!!!
* Understand that spending time with each other can be priceless without spending large amounts of cash. Remember that Valentine’s Day is all about love…so don’t go broke this holiday.
* Last but not least, don’t make this Valentine’s Day so serious! Be thankful that you even have a mate in this day and age and JUST celebrate the love you have for one another! LISTEN in to My Stiletto Dreams Media Show link: http://tiny.cc/ljcxz
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!